For the first time, a national approach has been agreed to position Australia’s multimodal freight supply chains to face the challenges of the next 20 years and beyond.
Developed by all Australian governments with extensive input from industry, the National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy commits to action in four critical areas:
- smarter and targeted infrastructure
- enable improved supply chain efficiency
- better planning, coordination and regulation
- better freight location and performance data
The Strategy, and its associated National Action Plan shows in a joined up way, the actions that all governments are taking on freight and provides a mechanism to ratchet up action and ambition from governments and industry to lift freight system performance.
- Transport and Infrastructure Council Communique
02 August 2019